Home / Necktie Knots / Fishbone Knot
This multi-layered and intricate necktie knot is similar to the Eldredge and Boutonniere knots. Though it might seem complex at first, once you go through the below diagram you will know that it basically comprises of repetitive steps. Being a big knot, you would need a long tie for this. It looks like a fishbone and can leave a lasting impression on people you meet. You can wear it on formal occasions.
How to Make a Fishbone Knot
- Silk, cotton and polyester would be the go-to fabrics for this knot.
- Buttoned down, narrow and classic collars would pair well with this one.
- Go for plain ties since striped ties make it look off-balance.
How to Tie a Fishbone Knot Step by Step
- Pass the thinner end through the neck loop
- Take it down
- Pass it to the right from the back
- Pass it through the loop from the right side
- Pass it through the loop from the left side
- Make another wrap on the right side
- Wrap it once more on the left side
- Pass it through the neck loop
- Align it with the wider end
- Tighten and the knot is made
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.