Also known as the lever hitch, the marlinspike is a temporary knot that attaches a rod to a rope making a handle in the process. A small modification serves as an alternative way to tie the bowline knot. It provides an excellent way to make a rope ladder. It ties quickly and is easy to release. It does not jam.
How to Tie a Marlinspike Hitch
- To accommodate a toggle for hammock suspension webbing. Can also be used with carabiners.
- You can adjust a whoopie sling on it.
- Helps to tighten other knots
Watch this video for a lowdown on the tree strap-marlinspike-toggle-hammock connection.
How to Tie a Marlinspike Hitch Step by Step
- Make a loop. Displace it to the right
- Make it cross the vertical line
- Pass the middle line to the left
- Pass cylindrical support through the loop formed
- Tighten by pulling both sides
- The knot is complete