Pratt (Shelby) Knot
The neat, symmetrical Pratt knot when tied perfectly, looks attractive on any dress or formal shirt. Also known as the Shelby or Pratt-Shelby knot it suits slightly wider neckties that are made from light or medium weight fabric. Though its elegant triangular shape resembles the half-Windsor knot, it is more discreet and smaller.
How to Tie a Pratt Knot
Stand in front of the mirror, take the reverse side of the tie and wrap it round your neck under your shirt collar. Then, follow the instructions.
- The dimple formed at the center just below the knot gives a classy sartorial finish.
- Though it is fairly wide, it is not as wide as the Windsor knot.
- Works best with cutaway and wide-spread collars.
Nicky knot – Less symmetrical but self-releasing
Pratt Knot Tie Uses
- Suitable for professional gatherings including interviews.
- Can be worn at informal occasions as well.