The running bowline is a noose. It creates an adjustable loop that can be drawn up tight. The nice sliding knot can be tied around trees or posts. Based on the classic bowline knot, this one is very secure. It works well in rigging situations. It serves the purpose of retrieving objects by throwing a large loop of the knot around them and cinching it down by pulling the standing line.
How to Tie a Running Bowline
- Some people precede it with a half hitch that can share the load. However, we feel that the running bowline is strong by itself.
- Double running bowline knot – Instead of the bowline, this knot is based on the double bowline knot.
Running Bowline v/s Other Knots
- To bind parcels.
- By arborists for tree climbing.
- It allows lowering or raising heavy objects.
- Hanging tree swings.
Running Bowline Knot Video Tutorial
The video demonstrates another common method of tying the knot.
How to Tie a Running Bowline Step by Step
- Make a loop with the tag end of a rope
- Wrap it around the standing part
- Pass it through the loop
- Wrap it around the curved standing part
- Pass it through the loop again
- Hold and pull the end to tighten
- The knot is complete