Slim Beauty Knot
This strong knot offers an innovative way of tying tippets or leaders to the main line. Being easy to learn and possessing a low profile it has become hugely popular in a short span of time. It effectively joins a slippery braided line to a monofilament leader. It is excellent in joining different diameters and materials of lines. Tests have shown it to retain close to 100% of the of the line’s breaking strength. It can be tied to shock leaders as well.
Slim Beauty Knot Tying Instructions
The blue rope in the diagram signifies the heavier line.
- The first step involves tying a double overhand knot and pulling it down loosely.
- It helps if you moisten the knot before tightening.
- Improved slim beauty knot – Has an extra locking point that eliminates line slippage and increases durability.
- Modified slim beauty knot – Employs a uni knot for the base.
Slim Beauty v/s Other Knots
- Double uni knot – Stronger
- Blood knot – More suited for lighter braid
- Albright knot – Simpler
- FG knot – Stronger, simpler to tie, smaller
How to Tie the Slim Beauty Knot: Video
Steps to Tying a Slim Beauty Knot
- Pass both ends through the blue loop and semi tighten
- Pass the red rope bight through the blue “8”
- Wrap it around the blue standing part 4 times
- Wrap it back around the blue standing part 3 times
- Pull the ends to tighten
- Trim the ends and the knot is made