Home / Bends , Decorative Knots / True Lover’s Knot
True Lover’s Knot
The true lover’s knot, also known as the true love knot, though shown in a single form here can be used to denote different knots (like the fisherman’s knot) that have long been associated with love, affection and friendship. The decorative knot comprises of a couple of intertwined overhand knots tied in opposite directions to each other. It is a simple and elegant knot and could be an ideal gift for your lover as each overhand knot freely moves about the other but are generally inseparable.
How to Tie a Lover’s Knot
Jams under pressure
If left slack unties easily
- Being a traditional symbol of true love, used in knot tying ceremonies of weddings.
- Historically used for creating gold wire wedding rings of sailors.
- For connecting 2 lines.
- For securing a keychain to a lanyard.
- The knot structure is used in bracelet, necklace, brooch, engagement ring, and other jewelry designs.
Steps to Tying a True Lover’s Knot
- Make the end of the blue rope pass through the loop of a red one
- Pass it through the loop just formed
- Pull both ropes in opposite directions
- After tightening, the 2 knots sit close together
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.