Double Constrictor Knot
A stronger variation of the constrictor knot, the double constrictor knot comprises of an extra riding turn on top of the basic knot. It is the most secure simple hitch till date.
Need emergency repairs on a line? Use the double constrictor knot to stop any unraveling before a permanent repair can be made.
How to Tie a Double Constrictor Knot
- It may require careful dressing to distribute the tension all over the knot.
- If you want an easy-to-untie version, try out the slipped constrictor knot.
Advantages over the Constrictor Knot
It finds use in tying extremely slippery twine, more so if it is waxed. It is powerful enough to crush fragile objects.
Steps to Tying a Double Constrictor Knot
- Take the working end round the standing part
- Make one more turn round the object
- Tuck under the first wrap
- Pull both ends to tighten